“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Raindrops and Rainbows



 Dearest wee Bug,
It has been raining for what seems like forever. There have been a few days here and there where the sun has peeked through the clouds and turned the whole world a bright and beautiful green, but those days have been few and far between. But just when it seems that the rain will never stop, God sends us a rainbow, just as He did the other night.

The rainbow in the Bible stands as God's promise that the rain won't last forever. And I know that in my life, God has never failed to send me a rainbow just when I need to see it most. I believe with all of my heart that those beautiful tricks of light are not just God's promise that the rain itself won't last forever, but that hard times and troubles won't either. It stands as a subtle reminder that even on the dreariest days, there is beauty, if only we take the time to look for it.

Last spring, on a similarly rainy day, I sat on the front porch, feeling sorry for myself. I had had the worst possible day (so I thought at the time) and it seemed to me that all hope was lost. And as I sat there, I watched a rainbow paint itself across the sky, centered right in front of our house. Its simple beauty moved me to tears....and I couldn't help but feel that it was put there just for me. What an amazing feeling that is, Lydia, and how awe inspiring. God heard my sorrow, without me speaking a word, and gave ME that rainbow to remind me that He is listening and that all hope is not lost.
The point of this story is that, to me, you are my rainbow! A sweet, sunshiny reminder every single day that the prayers of the heart are answered, that miracles really do occur, and that hope is never truly lost. I would have never believed that one tiny little girl could change my life so much for the better. I live for those bright smiles that light up your entire face. Even your eyes sparkle! And now you giggle too, which is the most amazing gift! I could spend all day playing with you, just trying to coax out a laugh, or have you beam up at me.

Just knowing that I have made you happy! Baby girl, there is no greater gift! You have always been a smiler, even when you were in my tummy, but knowing now that we are actually the ones who put that smile on your face, and seeing you respond to our smiles at you with one of your own, tugs at Mommy's heart strings. As I have said before, if someone had told me two years ago that I would receive such a special baby, I wouldn't have believed it. I would have been scared and worried, but now, I can't imagine not being the recipient of your cuddles, your smiles, your laughs.

Mommy's going to always be your biggest cheerleader. I'm going to sometimes get on your nerves, pushing you to work just a little bit harder when you want to give up, or to keep smiling when you just want to lay your head down and cry. You can cry, just remember that hope isn't gone and keep on going. All I ever want for you is to be the best you that you can be, and sometimes that's going to be hard work! Don't ever forget God's promise. And don't forget that YOU are His promise to me! I love you so much, baby! xoxoxoxo, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)