“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Friday, May 6, 2011

4 Month Milestones

Dear little Bug,
Today was your four month birthday!




Somehow, I still find it a little amazing that you truly exist! You keep me laughing with your ever changing funny faces and I find it impossible to stay grouchy on my bad days when all  you have to do is smile at me to melt my heart. (Don't tell anyone, but I think that I'm going to have a very hard time disciplining you when you get older!) I don't want you to be a spoiled brat (somehow I don't see you ever being a brat, even if you ARE spoiled) but its so hard not to want to spoil you because you are such a little love! 


 We had a visit with your doctor today and his nurse is absolutely in love with you! As she sat down to chat with us about how you've been doing since the last visit, she whipped out a list of developmental milestones that an average 4 month old should be doing. Oh, Liddy! You were doing every single one (and even some that you shouldn't be yet!). The nurse looked at me with a big smile when we were done and said, "The baby in the next room is 4 days older than Lydia, without her health complications, and he's not doing half of these things!"


I have tried very hard to not rush you...to let you do things at your own pace, in your own time. I've tried not to measure how fast or how slow you develop with pointless comparisons to other babies. I know that you are your own person and will do everything that other kids do, whenever you are ready. But I have to say, your mama was soooo very proud!I have never seen any baby (even Caleb) so ready to be on the move...or be so independent. You already act like you are trying to crawl! I've never seen another baby be so vocal at your age, or have quite as many facial expressions! You are VERY opinionated already and you have absolutely NO problem letting us know when you think something we did or are not doing stinks. lol You are so determined to grow up and I think that you just can't wait to be chasing your brothers around, driving them crazy, talking a mile a minute!


 You are constant motion, so much so that it's hard to get a picture that's not blurry or to catch you with a full blown smile on your face. You get so proud of your accomplishments and just want to do them over and over, simply to prove that you can (and maybe to get praise from Mommy about what a big girl you are!). You have made friends already and captured the hearts of every single person you have ever met. They are all just like me, one look into those big blue eyes and they are hopelessly head over heels. :) Even little Sammy wanted to hold your hand already!



I love watching you grow and change. Although I was a little sad to pack away your newborn clothes, it was a victory. So many people told us that it could take you until you were 6 months old to make it to 10 lbs. and I thought that you would be in those tiny clothes forever. But you made it! You're still so tiny, but reaching that weight mark and surpassing it was truly cause for celebration. 



We have a little game we have been playing. I take your tiny hands and place them on my cheeks, then lean over and kiss all over your face in the loudest, silliest way I can come up with. We have played this game a thousand times already, but last night, you actually laughed at me! I was so tickled that I started to laugh too, which just kept you going. We laid there in bed, both of us laughing, and I have to say that that little laugh is probably one of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard. I know that I sure am looking forward to hearing a whole lot more of it in the future! 
It's late and after a small break to go in and cuddle you back to sleep, your mommy is sleepy....I hope you are having sweet dreams all cuddled in your bassinet. I'm so proud of you, Lydia Anne. 
Love always, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)