“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dedicated to Our 13 Yr. Old (Happy Birthday Caleb)

My dearest Lydia,
Tomorrow is your big brother's 13th birthday. Somehow, even though we have already celebrated it last weekend, I just can't believe that he's so grown up now. It seems like just yesterday he was the talk of the hospital, a huge 9 lb 1 oz baby boy. He had me wrapped around his little finger from the first moment that I held him in my arms, just like you did!
He brought me my first real taste of being a mommy...and I have loved every second of it. He was such a beautiful little boy, with blond hair and big blue eyes, a lot like yours, chubby cheeks, and a smile that lit up my whole day....He was, and still is, a true joy to me! I have watched that baby boy grow up from a smiling cherub..
to a handsome little boy.....
who was often silly.....
and was always full of the boundless energy that little boys seem to have, laughter, and usually covered in dirt. lol He didn't stay that little for long, and before I knew it, he was growing into a bigger boy......
I still miss that little guy every once in a while. But I have to say that the young man he's growing up to be is pretty awesome too! This birthday brings the realization that my baby is growing up, and that before too long, I'm going to watch him spread his wings and fly away from me. Although that makes me sad, I also know that THIS is what I've been preparing him for all along. I have faith in the job I've been doing as his mom and I know that my little monkey is going to do fabulously on his own!



Happy 13th birthday, Caleb Daniel!
I am so proud of you, and I love you so much!!!! :)
xoxo, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)