“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What's Going On....

Dear Bug,
I feel like the world's smartest Mommy! You are now officially going to sleep on your own! I know, I know. It sure doesn't sound all that impressive. Its something other babies do all the time. But this mama had really started to worry that I spoiled you! You never wanted to go to sleep unless someone was cuddling you, and the typical nightly battle was only won by Mommy laying down with you, chest to chest, until you were fast enough asleep that I could actually lay you down without waking you. It was a delicate balance...If I laid you down too soon, you would wake up and we would have to start all over again. But if I waited too long, I usually fell asleep with you. haha. I absolutely adore the cuddles with you but I have to say that I was starting to become concerned about how we were going to get you to sleep after surgery, when you probably won't be able to snuggle chest to chest for a while. I had visions of you and I, driving hours in the car, just to get you to go to sleep for even a little while without your snuggles. But there you are, exceeding my expectations again. Sleeping cozily in your little bassinet with only a kiss and a quick hug to send you off to dreamland!
That makes your Mommy so very proud!
You got yet another new outfit this past week (we're going to go bankrupt soon!) I have been eying it in the store for several weeks now, and wasn't sure about buying it because the weather was still chilly and I was afraid that I would buy the wrong size. We went to the store and I put it in the cart next to your seat, planning to walk around with it for a while, trying to decide if I would really buy it or not. I stopped to look at something else and when I turned around you were clutching the hanger for dear life. :) You held on to it through the whole store! I practically had to pry it out of your sticky hands to pay for it! Daddy laughed when I brought it home and told him the story about why I just HAD to buy it. He said that you would have held on to anything I put in the cart and that it was NOT a sign that you wanted it. But between you and me, I think you did. ;) And you looked just too precious for words in it, with its adorable little matching hat.


You have been paying a lot more attention to the world around you the last couple of weeks. You smile at us smiling at you, or talking to you, and sometimes even in response to certain things we say, like "Do you want to go bye-bye?". You are falling in love with your brothers and developing a little bit of hero worship of them as well. You smile, and flirt, and chatter to them, even when they aren't paying you a bit of attention. lol Welcome to the world of boys! :) You find us all a little bit funnier every day. You laugh at Mommy's silly faces, dances, and songs. You giggle when I blow raspberries on your tummy. And the other day, when Daddy and Ayden were wrestling, you watched them so intently...



and laughed when Daddy caught Ayden and won!
You are beginning to be fascinated by my phone. You watch me to see what I am doing when I'm taking your picture, and ham it up when I am making a video. I have been playing the videos of you chattering away back to you. You watch them with complete concentration, often talking back to that cute baby that you see on the screen. Its just about the cutest thing I have ever seen! :) You even seem to know when Mommy is doing something silly while taking your picture, like covering part of the lens with her finger. And you giggle about that too!
Oh. I just love watching you grow and learn about the world around you. That's what makes being a mother completely worthwhile. 
I love you, my growing girl! You take my breath away! So very proud, excited, and blessed to be your mama.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have to agree with you. I think she DID really want the outfit, because she KNEW she would look adorable in it...And she does :)
    I love hearing about her, all the new things she is doing! What a blessing our children are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like she grows up a little bit every day...and it's still a little hard to reconcile it all in my mind. Yes, as a previous mom who has spent the last 13 years spoiling all of my friends' babies, I know that this stage of her life is filled with new accomplishments, but until she was born, I took all of those little things that "every" baby does for granted. I truly believe that every little thing she DOES accomplish is a small miracle, and proof to me that she is every bit as smart, strong, and absolutely perfect as I always believed her to be. :) Yes, we are immensely blessed! I know in my case, beyond what I deserve! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)