“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Monday, October 10, 2011

Broken Hearts

I had started another post yesterday and didn't get it finished before I just went to bed. But this morning brought some truly painful news about a friend's baby and I suddenly feel a need to get out some things that are rattling around in my head.
Another mama, from half way across the world, lost her precious girl following OHS yesterday. And even though I don't know either of them personally, my heart broke for that mama just the same.
I've spent the entire day wondering why I am so blessed. Why I have a healthy, happy baby girl to cuddle while others watch their babies struggle or face losing them on a daily basis.
The thing about being in and out of children's hospitals is that all you have to do is look around you to find someone who is facing a situation much worse than the one you are. It's absolutely heart breaking to see a beautiful baby girl, dying slowly as she waits for a new heart. Or a baby boy that has only spent 20 days of his entire 6 months of life at home with his family, and who has faced 3 OHS's, waiting on a 4th.
It shouldn't take the loss of a beautiful baby girl in Iran to remind me how very lucky, how very blessed I am. But somehow it did.
I am honored. I am grateful. I praise God for His faithfulness, His grace, and His love.
But it doesn't stop me from wondering why He chose us to bless.........

Please please pray for my friend, Soha, as she comes to terms with the loss of her most precious gift. Pray for easement of her suffering and enough love surrounding her to lift her up.
Downs Syndrome takes individuals from across the world and unites them. We are a family. When one of us hurts, the others feel that pain too.
Soha, we feel your hurt. We feel your heart break. There have been many tears shed today in this club. We love you.

1 comment:

  1. It broke my heart also!! In the past 2 days someone from our ds community has lost a child. I dont understand it but ?I dont think its met for us to understand. God does whats best for us and we have to believe that in the good and the bad. I pray God comforts the families and carries them through this teribly painful time in their lifes.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)