“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Feverish Babies

Today's post is going to be a short one, heavy on the photos, because after two days of teething troubles, this mama is just plum worn out...and I still have a stack of homework to do.......BLECH!

We have been very fortunate. While we DID have to deal with open heart surgery and pacemaker placement, Liddy has been very healthy. She has only ran a fever one time so far in the last 9 and a 1/2 months and that was caused by a reaction to one of her vaccinations.
This teething thing is a b**ch. She's been working on those two bottom teeth for months now to no avail. I think (oh Lord I HOPE!) they're getting ready to break through and man, are they making her miserable. She ran a fever the entire day yesterday and at almost exactly the four hour Tylenol dosage mark, would scream and scream until the next dose kicked in.

Then I would see this........




for the next four hours. Not that I am complaining about seeing that heart stopping smile. I just wish it hadn't vanished quite so often. 
At 2 am, I had finally made the decision that teething or not, we were heading to the doctor today and lo and behold, the little minx woke up fever free and remained that way throughout most of the day.....well, at least until it was too late to get her into the doctor.
So now we have an appointment for tomorrow morning, just in case. And of course, she hasn't had a fever since I made the appointment. :P
Here's hoping it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)