“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Half A Year Passes in the Blink of An Eye

My dear sweet Bug,



Today you turn 6 months old. Half of a year. Wow! I seriously can't believe so much time has passed us by already. It seems like yesterday that I was impatiently waiting for you to make your arrival, with all the excitement, fear, and uncertainty taking me on the roller coaster ride of my life.
In seven short days, we will be boarding that same roller coaster for yet another ride....and I have to say that all those feelings I experienced while waiting for your arrival are back again, only slightly amplified because now I have spent endless hours holding you, kissing your cheeks, and falling deeper and deeper in love with you. While I will be relieved to have this surgery no longer hanging over our heads, it's also very humbling to have had so short a time before I am forced to hand you over to someone else's care, even if for a short while. 
I have ate, slept and breathed your care for the last six months. It all seems too soon to let you go. But I firmly believe in the power of prayer, as well as the fact that God has your precious life in His all powerful hands. He will watch over you. You are one of His most precious creations! 



Daddy and I love you so much, baby girl. 

Happy 6 month birthday! :)

XOXOXO,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. I just started reading your blog yesterday and was thinking that lovely Liddy was about Cora's age. She'll be 6 months in a week. Nice to "meet" someone about the same age. And so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! So glad that you found me!! Your little one is adorable....Pleased to "meet" you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering when her surgery will be? Is it the AV canal repair? If so, it's remarkable how well she seems to be doing at this point. Looking forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her surgery is scheduled for next Thursday. And yes, she has a complete AV canal defect which also resulted in only one valve. She IS a pretty remarkable girl! :) She weighed 7 lbs at birth, and we were told that it would probably take 6 months to make it to 10 lbs. She now weighs around 13 lbs. She doesn't seem to have ANY problems with oxygenation or stamina (she's constant motion! lol) I'm hoping that all this will work in her favor for surgery!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)