“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Growing Up

Dear sweet Liddy,
This week has been full of amazing joy mixed with a little bit of sadness. While I relish every little accomplishment you achieve, it also is a little bittersweet because they are all signs that you are growing up and reminders that you won't be little for very long. Since you are my last baby, I want so much to hold on to these sweet moments. I know that it seems like yesterday to me that Caleb was a little guy and now he's taller than I am! These little milestones that you are passing, in what seems to be an unwavering rush, just bring us closer to the day when you are no longer my tiny Liddybug, instead are a bubbly, happy, laughing little girl, followed by a beautiful young woman. I want so much for you! A life filled with sunshine and happiness, that you will be as lucky as I have been in friendships, that you will be an independent, strong woman like those in our family who have came before you. Those amazing women, some that you will know intimately and some that you will never know, have given us an awesome heritage and a shining example to live up to. And I already see so much of them in your tiny face. You have your Nana's smile, as well as her uncompromising love and the sheer joy of living that she exuded to everyone that she met. You have your Granny Cole's spunk and laughter, as well as the same hit the ground running attitude that she always had. These are the women that you are named for, two of the most beautiful women I have ever known, inside and out. I'm saddened that you will never have the blessing of having them in your life, like I did, and that you will never have the opportunity to watch cartoons with Nana, or have her read you the same book over and over, or to have a one of a kind Nana hug. But I know, without a doubt, that they are a part of you and that they are watching over you always. And sweetheart, it has to be said that they love you dearly. :) As always, I am so proud to be your mama and I can't wait until we are celebrating your next milestone (even if it does make me a little sad). I love you so much! xoxoxo, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)