“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How Far You've Come

Dear Liddybug,

This past week I found the cord to download pictures off of Grandad's camera onto the computer. There, snuggled into the memory card, were pictures Daddy took of you on the day after you were born, when Mommy couldn't come visit you. You were so tiny, and hooked to what appears to be miles of tubes, IV's, and monitor leads, with your tiny shades on to protect your eyes from the UV lamp that you also had to have because your were a little jaundiced. I have to say that I had forgotten those pictures and my heart did a little flip flop in my chest because oh, pumpkin, I am so darn proud of you how much you have grown since then!

I clearly remember how very much I wanted to go see you, and my frustration that the doctors couldn't get my pain under control so that I could. I finally lied and said that I was fine just so they would let me go. Daddy wheeled me over, and I was overcome as soon as I stood over your little bed and fully got to look at you for the first time. I stood there with tears running down my face, because you, my sweet baby, were so beautiful and I had waited so long to look at your face! I was a little overwhelmed by all your equipment but I knew, without a doubt, that it was all temporary and I was completely absorbed by the way you felt snuggled in my arms!

Now I look at you and its harder to remember that tiny girl. It seems that you change a little bit every day. You smile a little more (yes and some days yell more too!) and you rack up new accomplishments. You like to show off the new things you can do, even if its mostly to Mommy and Daddy. Your little face still lights up when we lean over your bed and you still quiet down (most of the time) when you get a good cuddle. You have a very forgiving nature and an absolutely gorgeous smile! Every one who meets you falls instantly in love (the ladies at Dr. Perry's office fight over who gives you your shots because none of them want to be the ones to hurt you!) How can they not? You are BEAUTIFUL!
I'm proud of you, wee little Bug, for everything you have accomplished in your short little life. You have proved that you are one tough cookie and that you should never be underestimated. I know that I have every confidence you are dynamite in a tiny package and that you are always going to have that "I can take on the world and win" attitude. Look at your humble beginnings and look at you now!  :) Thank God that He gave me you! I love you so much!
xoxoxoxo, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)