“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Friday, April 8, 2011

Sleepless Days....

Dear Liddy,
Today was a looonngg day! Every once in a while you have a day where you refuse to nap unless you are being held, and of course, today was one of them. Daddy or I would cuddle you until you fell asleep and then gently put you into your bassinet and WHAM! You'd be awake and crying. Needless to say, this little battle of wills makes you a very grouchy baby. I think you spent half the day yelling at us. Even now, at 9:30 pm, you are laying awake in your bassinet babbling away, even though five minutes ago you were (I thought) fast asleep. I even tried to cuddle you in bed with me, hoping that if we took a nap together maybe you would get a little bit of solid sleep. I know. Bad Mama. Not supposed to do those things. Your favorite cuddle spot is curled up on my chest, and you will happily sleep there. I just can't move. lol Oh well, I guess there will be days like this....and I do enjoy all the cuddles! I know from previous experience with your brother that before I know it, you will outgrow Mommy's cuddles and will cringe at my very badly sung renditions of (as Caleb always called it) "The Moon Song".
You held your head up today by yourself for about five minutes, which is the longest that you have done so. You typically just hold it up long enough to look around, then lay it back down and search out your fingers for a good sucking. Those little fingers always seem to be a little waterlogged lately! :) You have decided that they are much tastier than your pacifier and they also don't pop out of your mouth until you decide to remove them. You're probably going to be a thumb sucker, but then we should have expected that since you were already sucking on both before you were born. Daddy says that you also rolled over from your belly to your back today! YAY!!! You're getting to be such a big girl! I can't wait to see how you take off with a little help from First Steps!
All right, I've let you complain long enough. Mommy's coming to get you for another cuddle. Maybe this one will do the trick. I love you so much, Lydia Anne! XOXOXOXO, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)