“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Monday, April 4, 2011

Are You Spoiled?


Dear Sweet Angel,
You are currently fast asleep, swinging away. We spent a little time cuddling this rainy morning and I find that I live for that moment when your sweet little face falls into dreams and your little body melts into mine. You wrap your fingers in my hair, just to make sure that I don't go anywhere. I love that you love me so much that you can't bear to have me far away. Some days, like yesterday when you got mad anytime anyone held you besides me, I think that I am spoiling you rotten, but deep in my heart, I know that Mommy is your security blanket. I am what you hold on to when you aren't sure about what's going on around you, when you are upset, when you just need a good cuddle. And although I should probably let you cry sometimes so that you DON'T get spoiled, I can't stand to hear the sound of your cries. All I ever want is to see that gorgeous smile on your face. I hope that you grow out of some of the clinginess as you get bigger but also don't want to rush that day either. I adore the way you will crane your neck to find me when someone else is holding you, and will watch my every move as I go about doing every day things. I love the way your little face lights up when I talk to you. I love that Caleb laughs at the way I talk when conversing with you, and the way he so clearly adores you too, especially now that you are alert, babbling and smiling. :) Most of all, I just love being your mommy! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)