“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas from My Family to Yours

Dear friends,
Another year is quickly drawing to a close. And as I sit here this evening, enjoying the last bits of quiet before the madness of the holidays which starts tomorrow, I am in many ways torn between excitement to see what the coming year holds for our family and sadness to see this year of so many firsts end.
The beginning of 2012 will bring with it my Liddy's first birthday...and although it is nowhere near the end of the journey, it brings closure to what I have to believe have been some of the hardest parts. I find that while last Christmas I was fearing the start of this roller coaster, closing my eyes tightly at the top of that first big hill, this year's has me facing those hills with eyes wide open, hands in the air, praising God with every rise and fall.


I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it. :)
From my family to yours, may you enjoy the blessings of family and friends this Christmas season. May you bask in the sunshine of wee one's smiles as presents are opened. May you, too, enjoy the roller coaster during the coming year. But most of all may your life be filled with constant laughter........





2 comments:

  1. Aw, Liddy is too sweet, she makes me smile :)

    Merry Christmas Heidi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liddy is so stink in' cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)