“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Mama

I'm already slacking in the daily thankfulness posts. I'm going to blame it on whatever nasty bug I seem to be trying to come down with.....here's hoping it starts to move it's way out of my system soon. I can't seem to get a darn thing done. 
Today's is going to be short and sweet.

 I am thankful today for my mom.
I don't know what I would do without her. She knows the ugly in me, but sees the beauty instead. She encourages me regularly, she prays for me daily, and she understands me in a way that it would be difficult for anyone else to. 
I have known her worth for quite a while now....but this last year, she has truly shown me how much I rely on her faith, her wisdom and her strength to get me through. Never in my life has there ever been a time when I needed her that she was not right by my side. I am more thankful for that than she could ever know........

 Like My Mother Does~Lauren Alaina  People always say I have a laughLike my mother doesGuess that makes senseShe taught me how to smile when things get rough
I've got her spiritAnd she's always got my backWhen I look at her,I think I wanna be just like that!

When I love, I give it all I got!Like my mother doesWhen I'm scared, I bow my head and pray!Like my mother doesWhen I feel weak, and un-pretty!I know I'm beautiful and strong!Because, I see my selfLike my mother does
I never met a stranger,I can talk to anyoneLike my mother doesI let my temper flyBut she can walk away, when she's had enough
She sees everybody, for who they really areI'm so thankful for her guidance,She's helped me get this far
When I love, I give it all I got!Like my mother doesAnd when I'm scared, I bow my head and pray!Like my mother doesWhen I feel weak, and un-pretty!I know I'm beautiful and strong!Because, I see myself,Like my mother does!
She's a rock!She is grace!She's an angel!She's...My heart and soul!She does it all!
When I love! I give it all I got!Like my mother doesAnd when I'm scared! I bow my head and pray!Like my mother doesWhen I feel weak, and un-pretty!I know I'm beautiful and strong!Because, I see myself,Like my mother does!
I hear people saying... I'm starting to lookLike my mother does... 
I am so very thankful to be like my mother......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)