“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Desperately Seeking Prayers

My head is spinning...I have a lump in my throat the size of an apple...and my eyes are filled with tears right on the brink of falling. 
Nothing has happened here. All is well in my house. But all is not well in the houses of those in my extended DS family.......
Meet baby Iris.....

 

Beautiful, isn't she? Iris is in desperate need of one of God's miracles and I am begging you to lift her name on high, asking Him to provide her with one.
This precious girl underwent her second OHS on October 26th. Things have not been good since then. She has had excess fluid around and in her lungs, which she just can't seem to expel. She has been opened back up, she has coded and been brought back, and today she had a catherization in an attempt to ascertain what was causing the issue and what could be done to fix it. The news was not good. Her doctors said that her lungs were the worst they had ever seen and that there was nothing more to be done for her.
Our DS community is reeling from this news. I've said it before, and I may say it a thousand times more before I leave this Earth. We are family, whether we know each other personally or not. Our kids are the community's kids. We rejoice together in their successes and we cry together at their struggles. Cut one of us and every. single. one of us bleeds. 
We have been hemorrhaging during the last few months. Our family has been hit hard. We are on our knees begging and pleading with God because we have no other options. If there is nothing further that can be done medically speaking, we lift Iris to Him again as He is the only one who has the power to heal her. 
Will you please join us?
I want nothing at this moment more than to have the chance to come back proclaiming God's mercy and grace for this family....and singing His praises for her amazing recovery.

8 comments:

  1. I've been praying and pleading for this beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying for little Iris and I will continue to do so. Prayers for Iris, for her family, and for all of the medical staff involved in her care. Thank you for writing and update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUR FATHER WHO ARE THE FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THE FATHER OF THIS SMALL BUNDLE OF JOY. FATHER YOU GAVE THE FATHER STRONG HANDS TO TOUCH AND YOU GAVE THE MOTHER THE HEART OF A LION, TO LOVE. SO NOW OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, BRING ALL AS ONE FOR YOUR PURPOSE AND FOR YOUR GLORY. A-MEN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crying & praying with you that God blesses this beautiful & very special child! You all are in my heart & prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Iris' family have a blog? I'd love to send them support. Prayers prayers and more prayers for this precious little soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes they do. I'll get back to you with the web address....

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://irisangels.blogspot.com/p/updates-from-hospital.html

    Here you go, Jenni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This beautiful little iris is being prayed for daily by many many people. The Lord's perfect will shall be done for little iris and you will have peace. The Lord is good.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)