“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Friday, September 2, 2011

Frustration Central

So here I sit tonight....in a completely silent house. The boys are with their respective other parents for the long holiday weekend (which my clean house is thankful for, even while I am not). John and Liddy are fast asleep (probably for the night).



It has been a day. And not necessarily a great one.
I was awoken this morning (before the alarm clock) once again by the horrific sound of Liddy's tiny nails scratching across the mesh surface of her playpen sides. This has pretty much been the standard since she has upgraded. Before the sun even thinks about peeking above the horizon, and before the alarm clock is ready to screech at me, I awaken (long before I am ready to!) to sccccrrrrraaattttcchhhhh. No giggles, no chatter, just the horrific, almost fingernails on blackboard level of cringe inducing noise. WHY does she think that is the greatest thing since sliced bread?? Even though I know full well what it is at this point, my sleep fogged brain still struggles to snap out of its stupor, practically screaming, "WHAT IS THAT STINKING NOISE?"
Thankfully, as soon as I drag my rear out of bed to the edge of the playpen, the noise stops and there is a beaming face staring up at me. Ok, Liddy, all is forgiven. At least until tomorrow morning.



The second week of school has, quite frankly, made me lose my mind. I forget everything lately. Scatterbrained. Yep. That about sums it up. And I have to admit to being extremely sensitive about it. I often forget that, despite what I would like for the world to think, I am not Superwoman. (Please keep that to yourself though, ok?)




I took an online computer class. Basic how-to for Windows programs. I really thought that it was going to be my easiest class of the semester. I know a thing or two about computers, so it should have been cake. HA. After two weeks of being unable to even get into the program where our assignments are (no, not because of me. Because we didn't have access codes) I have been frantically trying to catch up. After failing the pre-test with absolutely flying colors, I started to rethink the cake part just a little bit. After two frustration filled evenings trying to do ONE stupid assignment (and almost putting my fist through the computer screen more than once, as well as assaulting the assignment with every curse word I know), I have decided that at the end of the semester I am going to be in need of serious mental help. Possibly anger management classes. Thankfully, I took Abnormal Psychology this semester so maybe I will be able to diagnose myself.



Lastly, Lydia has decided that it is way more fun to spray us both with the food that I place in her mouth than it is to eat it. I am fully aware of how proud she is of herself that she can blow raspberries. I'm pretty proud of her myself. And I do find it quite amusing usually. However, being showered with orange colored mixed veggies and wheat pasta is not anywhere near my idea of a good time. I guess lucky for me that it isn't just me that the food is directed at. Also sprayed were the entire bouncy seat (which btw has been washed so much in the last 7 months that the cover is starting to fall apart!) and my freshly cleaned carpet. Oh yay! The joys of parenthood. :)






Now that I have officially finished bitching, I do have lots to be thankful for. My daughter is a joy (and I love her to death, even covered in baby food!) and I am immensely thankful for every day with her. I am thankful that she made the adjustment from sleeping in the bassinet to sleeping in the playpen so easily (especially considering that it was way overdue!). I'm thankful for the evening full of laughter that I had with Caleb last night, which, as any one who is a parent of teenagers knows, is a rare occasion. I'm grateful for a husband who supports me in following my dreams, even when it means that he gets a lot less sleep because he's on baby duty. I am overwhelming blessed by the number of wonderful friends we have, and by our extremely supportive family, who love us all despite our faults, despite my complaining, and in spite of my sometimes potty mouth. I'm thankful for wonderful nurses (KP) who come to visit, bearing fabulous leg warmers and warm hugs! I'm thankful that every single one of us is healthy and strong, and that my Liddy Bug's heart is whole. :)






Sunday is the Bug's re-birthday party. It's going to be pretty low key....just family and friends gathering to celebrate the miracle that is my baby girl. I can't wait to have most of my favorite people all in one place and to hear the laughter ringing through the rooms of my house, as it always does when we're all together. I will for sure be posting pictures afterwards for those of you who couldn't make it.
Have a super Labor Day weekend!!!! See you all next week!

2 comments:

  1. How funny! LC was a scratcher, too! What in the world? Hope you girls have the best time at your re-birthday celebration! We'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great party!! Kiss that little bug for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)