“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hoping to Be Off Blogging Hiatus Soon........

Okay. I admit it.
I have been sorely neglecting my blog.
That just makes me sad....but other things have needed my attention and often by the end of the day, when I finally sit down at the computer, I find that I don't have the energy left to think a whole lot. :)
Things have been going great with Miss Liddy. She has finally started the process of moving out of the 3-6 month clothes into the 6-9 month ones. That in itself is HUGE! We've been rocking those 3-6'ers for almost 7 months now! Unfortunately for smarty pants mama, her feet grew a little too. I spent more on baby shoes at Christmas than I normally would have and bought her two nice (and super cute!) pairs thinking that the expense was justified since she'd probably be wearing them for darn near a year. YAY for slow growing feet! Ummm. Guess she got me.


She's gotten to be an expert at sitting up, although she tries to act like she doesn't know how to go from laying to sitting by herself. I think her cuteness helps her get away with the princess treatment because, really, how can one resist this face.........


????????
She has figured out how to do the army crawl in the last few days, but with her usual Princess Sassy Pants attitude....backwards. :) We hear more sounds from her now, and the baby words are starting to have meaning. She knows who Dada is although that remains her favorite to say, and she can say it in what seems like a thousand different ways. Mama is still a rarity but she says it when she means it. I have definitely heard several versions of no (even once as the ornery little cutie attempted to grab something I had just told her no about. She laughed and told me no no no the entire time she was grabbing for it again.) 
She gives the very best spontaneous kisses. She grabs your face and then slobbers all over you out of the blue. My new favorite thing. :)


She is getting super capable of picking up food and eating it herself.....which is something that excites her because the food can actually go in at her pace, instead of waiting on Mom's (much slower) pace.


She's positively overflowing with smiles and laughter. And usually keeps me in stitches with her silly dancing and her crazy faces......







She's growing up so fast all of a sudden.......

Even rolling her eyes at me apparently... lol

Spring break for me this week.....so hopefully that will give me a little more time (and God willing, a lot more energy!) If all goes well, Liddy and I will be heading out on our own for a road trip and sleepover with our dear friends over in Illinois. :) Can't wait to blog about what will surely be an amazing first play date between Liddy and Ollie!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this update..Liddy sounds like she is doing fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)