“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Meeting of Friends


Annie and I have been online and blogging buddies for quite a while now. Ollie Faith is very close to Liddy in age, and had her OHS before Liddy had hers. Watching her sail through her surgery and recovery had a lot to do with calming this mama's fears (as much as was possible). Annie's love and support held me up through Liddy's surgery, and when Liddy had to have surgery again to place her pacemaker, I got a message from Annie that if I needed her to come she would pack up the kids and be there in 3 hours. I knew then that I would have a friend for life.
We have batted the idea of meeting somewhere in between her house and mine for a while now but we could never figure out where to meet or what to do. When winter rolled around this year, and the girls both were getting ready to celebrate their 1st birthdays, I got a hankering to go hug these ladies in person...... So what else could I do but pretty much invite myself to Annie's house?? :)
Thankfully, Annie is just about THE sweetest woman alive so when I suggested a visit, she jumped right on board and even offered us beds for the night so we didn't have to make the 4 hour drive for a short visit and then drive home.
I've been counting down the days for several weeks now. I absolutely could not wait to officially meet Annie and hug on sweet little Ollie.......


 Liddy and I got up extra early yesterday morning, threw our stuff in the car, and took a road trip to Illinois.
The Reid brood was everything I expected and more. :)
Getting the chance to have two extra chromosomed cuties in one place was absolutely priceless......




Liddy was on her A game...oozing extra cuteness all over the place (which I frankly worried about since she's not much of a proponent of change). Little Miss O sadly did not feel well, but the two still had a great time playing together (and fighting over toys haha).





Annie and I had a great time too. Between playing with these two precious babies,chit chatting with each other, and meeting the rest of Annie's awesome family (Aubrie, Everett, Jade, Maggie, Caroline, Penelope, Kyle, Janie and Stu!), all in all I think yesterday was a truly amazing day.
I was a little sad to leave....although I missed my hubby (and my bed!).


Annie, thank you so much for your hospitality.
 I already loved you before. Now I am hopelessly head over heels in love with ALL of you. :)
I can't wait to return the favor one of these days (even though I have no idea where I'd put all of you in my tiny house!!!)
xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

  1. This is so great!! I am glad that the two of you are great friends, and wonderful mommy's to these extra special lil ones. They are so cute, and looks like they had a good time. I'm also glad you made it back safe, you and Liddy should come visit soon, miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you as well! Oh how Miss Liddy has a super sweet spot in my heart! I so badly wanted to kiss all over her:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN!!! I love the pics, and am so happy to hear you all were able to meet up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to see those two cuties together is the best! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They looks so cute together :)...Sounds like it was a great trip...Wish I could meet some of you damn it!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)