“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thankfulness

Dearest Liddy,
I read a blog post written by a new friend last night after I finished writing the last one here. In a nut shell, it was about being thankful for the people in our lives who support us, day in day out, through the good, the bad and the sometimes ugly. We have been especially blessed in that area. Even though you often have moments of standoffishness, you are so immensely LOVED. Even though I worry about them being unable to show you that love in the ways that they would choose to, hugs and kisses and cuddles, I know that their love for you doesn't depend on whether you let them hold you or if you cry when they touch you. Their love doesn't rely on you doing everything other babies do when other babies do it. It doesn't expect that things will be easy, or all roses and sunshine. It just is.
These people that Mommy loves so much have supported all of us. They've always been a good family, good friends...but their true colors have shone through the last year. They have cried with me, laughed with me, prayed for us, eaten up every little picture I have taken of you (since the very first ones when you were a tiny bean in my tummy), let me vent when it was needed, given advice when asked, and celebrated each and every victory, no matter how seemingly small. They have visited, called, and offered nothing but amazing, life-changing acceptance of you, as well as the rest of us. There aren't words for how grateful I am.
I'm grateful for every single comment, every single word of encouragement, every single thought. Every celebration of the mundane. I don't know how many people are coming to sit with us at your upcoming surgery (somehow I think its going to be a LOT!) but I am thankful for every single person who is willing to take time out of their busy lives to come sit with us, hold our hands, pray, and or even just be with us in spirit as we all go through what I am sure will be the hardest day of our lives so far.
I know that you are amazing, but I am glad that so many other people see it too. I know I am going to spend your entire life making sure that you know just how truly blessed you are.
So to all of Lydia's biggest fans, we love you......more than words can say. Thank you for all of you do. It does not go unnoticed. And it shouldn't go un-recognized either.

XOXOXO, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)