“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Newest Song of the Week.....

Dear Liddy,
Imagine my total surprise and excitement when you and I went grocery shopping the other morning (to waste time while we were waiting to pick Caleb back up from band) to find that my favorite (and I do mean FAVORITE!) author had released a new book. Oh happy happy day! Of course, I had to have it. And couldn't wait to start reading it either. 
That was Monday and after using every single spare minute I had to read, read, read, last night I finished it. lol
The book came with a c.d. of an artist I have never heard of (Ellen Wilbur). Although I didn't love every song that was on it, there were two that stood out; one specifically called "Faith". I felt the lyrics could have been written about this crazy road we're on, you and I and the rest of the family.....and because of that, I wanted to share them.

Faith
lyrics by Ellen Wilbur


You didn't say there'd be no pain, instead you made me strong.
You didn't say I had a voice but you gave me a song.
You didn't promise safety but you made sure that I am.  
I know there is a reason that I found you when I did. 
Take another breath although I can not spot the air. 
Take that first step even though I can't make out the stair. 
Faith is being sure of things that others can not see. 
I believe in you because you believe in me.
I'd rather walk on water than skate upon thin ice, learning what is gained from selfless sacrifice.
I'm stepping off a cliff beneath my feet is sky.
But if you can not catch me you'll teach me how to fly.
I know the moon will pull the tide behind it every night. 
I know there's electricity because I see the light. 
Faith is being sure of things that others can not see. 
I believe in you, because you believe in me.
Fairy tale is different from what I used to dream. 
Castle's not a castle, love's never what it seems.
Don't need a happy ending, just a second star.
Won't listen to my lie because I'm bleeding with my heart. 
Even when it doesn't shine, I know there will be sun.
Can't predict the future but tomorrow's gonna come.
Faith is being sure of things that others can not see.
I believe in you because you believe in me.


God never promised sunny skies and straight paths. He never promised that this life would be easy, or fun, or without heartache. He never promised me that I would have endless days filled with nothing but happiness. But you know what? He did promise that He'd never leave. He did promise that He would never give me more than I could carry. He does have immense faith in ME, as proven by the beautiful gift of YOU.
This week, I am at peace. I don't know quite what it is that has caused it...Maybe it was days spent in the sun with the ocean breeze blowing in my hair and the most amazing view spread out before me. Maybe it was truly getting to know you. Maybe it was tiny Ollie breezing through her surgery and getting to come home so soon. Maybe it was the answer to all of my prayers.

We're going to be just fine. I believe in YOU. :)
xoxoxoxo, 
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. she is going to blow your mind with her recovery! I promise :) if need anything and I mean anything please email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! Your tiny dynamo was used by God this week to give me a little reassuring pat on the head. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)