“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Love You Because You're You

We have a favorite book in this house....a sweet little book about a little fox and his mommy. I've read it at least a million times, so many that I know it by heart and even more impressive, Liddy knows it by heart as well. It's raggedy, the cover is peppered with teeth marks, the spine is falling apart. The signs of a well loved book. Nothing makes my heart happier than listening to her "read" it to herself, repeating "I lub you" over and over with each turn of the page. 
Since this little book is such a staple in our house, I thought I'd make a post of it in honor of it's biggest fan. :)
Enjoy.



I love you when you're happy and grinning ear to ear.


I love you when you're sleepy and want to snuggle near.


I love you when you're silly and dancing 'round and 'round.




I love you when you're frightened and hear a scary sound.


I love you when you're bashful and hide behind my knee.


I love you when you're brave and from my arms you flee.


I love you when you're curious and searching here and there..


I love you when you're proud, your head held high in the air.


I love you when you're sick and need to rest in bed.


I love you when you're frisky and standing on your head.


I  love you when you're sad and need a kiss and hug.


I love you when you're playful and rolling on the rug.


I love you when you're angry and cross your arms and pout.


I love you when you're wild and yell and scream and shout.


I love you any way you feel, no matter what you do.
I love you any way you are.
I love you because you're you.


~From "I Love You Because You're You" by Liza Baker

There is no doubt at all that I love this sweet and sassy almost three year old...no matter what she does...and no matter who she becomes. The sky is the limit and I have BIG dreams for her bright shiny future. 


1 comment:

  1. Great book, and great pout Liddy! ;) I have no doubt that Liddy will achieve great things!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)