“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Friday, October 19, 2012

Autumn Musings

Indiana. The weather here seems to change in the blink of an eye. One day it's warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirts and the next dawns much cooler, forcing us to break out sweatshirts and jeans. I finally gave up on the hope for summer's return and packed all the warm weather clothes away for the year. The mornings often bring a fresh dusting of frost now and the days grow shorter and shorter. Leaves crackle underfoot, as the trees adorn themselves with glorious colors one last time before a long winter of raising naked arms to grey winter skies.


The skies seem especially blue, and the glorious colors of fall's splendor against the earthy browns of freshly plowed fields and technicolor skies brings out the poet in me......


 And although I usually adore the arrival of fall, I find that this year I'm also desperately sad to say goodbye to summer's more fiery temperament. Our family made a whole lot of beautiful, one of a kind memories this summer and even though I know those moments will live on in my heart, and in photographs, I know that our time for having these moments, all of us together, is drawing to a close. We will never again have this summer. After all, some memories are only made once in a lifetime.....






 








Still, amidst all the longing to stop time and hold all these moments close to my heart and never let go, despite my desire to keep my children the age they are now, time does march on. Babies grow up. Teenagers grow ever closer to the day they are adults. As sad as that makes me, I know we're continually making memories together. 






And as long as we're together, I will treasure each one and store them away individually for the days in the future when we're apart. Goodbye summer 2012. I, for one, will miss you dearly.........






2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a summer to remember! Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was. And I'm still a little misty eyed just looking at the pictures....

      Delete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)