“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Mama's Promise

My dearest Liddy,
Today I was playing the mp3 player on my phone for you. I was singing, we were dancing, you were laughing. I truly live for those moments. Spinning you around the kitchen, feeling like nothing else exists except you and me and the music. 
More and more our house is filled with singing. 
I didn't sing much to Caleb...although we did have our special moon song. I have so many wonderful memories of a sleepy eyed little angel boy snuggled beside me, barely able to hold his eyes open after his bedtime story, whispering, "Sing Moon Mommy."


You don't seem to care what I sing. I don't have to know all the words or sing it well. You just love the sound of music and even sometimes sing with me.....I love that. I hope you always love my singing to you just as much as you do now. 
I promise that I will sing and dance with you as long as you want me to, whether the day you exasperatedly look at me and say "Moooommm" comes tomorrow or never comes at all. We can be little old ladies dancing merrily around the kitchen together if that's what you want. I'm frankly a little in love with that thought. :)
My greatest regret in raising Caleb thus far is that somewhere along the way I got wrapped up in the day to day drudgery and forgot to enjoy the magic that surrounded me everyday. A little child is brimming with wonder, with magic, with unabashed joy at the new discoveries they make every day. It lasts such a short time. I blinked and it was over. I wish with all of my heart that I had slowed down a little more and spent more of my time seeing the world through his eyes......
I won't make the same mistake twice. 
I promise you that:
*I will always stop what I am doing to dance with you.
*I will splash in the puddles.
*I will sing in the rain.
*I will gaze in awe at tiny blades of grass, and ant hills, and any other thing you bring to me in wide eyed wonder.
*We will pick wild raspberries in the spring, and eat them sun warmed from the vine.
*I will always have time to kiss scrapes and bruises...and always have princess band-aids to make them better.
*I will be there cheering the loudest at every school program, every recital, for every accomplishment.
*I will make a thousand silly faces, and say a thousand silly things just for the gift of your laughter.
* I will cuddle you every single chance I get.
* I will encourage you to have big dreams and to chase after them with reckless abandon.
* I will tell you a million times how beautiful you are, that you can do anything you set your mind to, and how much I love you.
* I will wipe your tears when necessary. But I will also smile with you when that is warranted too.
But most of all, I promise that I will never take for granted how very blessed I am to have you. :)

I'll be....whatever it is you need. 



I'll Be~Reba McEntire
~When darkness falls upon your heart and soul.
I'll be the light that shines for you.
When you forget how beautiful you are
I'll be there to remind you.
When you can't find your way,
I'll find my way to you.
When troubles come around,
I will come to you.

I'll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on.
Be your shelter.
When you need someone to see you through.
I'll be there to carry you.
I'll be there.
I'll be the rock that will be strong for you.
The one that will hold on to you.
When you feel that rain falling down.
When there's nobody else around.
I'll be.

And when you're there with no one there to hold.
I'll be the arms that reach for you.
And when you feel your faith is running low.
I'll be there to believe in you.
When all you find are lies.
I'll be the truth you need.
When you need someone to run to .
You can run to me

I'll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on.
Be your shelter.
When you need someone to see you through.
I'll be there to carry you.
I'll be there.
I'll be the rock that will be strong for you.
The one that will hold on to you.
When you feel that rain falling down.
When there's nobody else around.
I'll be.

I'll be the sun.
When your heart's filled with rain.
I'll be the one.
To chase the rain away.

I'll be your shoulder when you need someone to lean on.
Be your shelter.
When you need someone to see you through.
I'll be there to carry you.
I'll be there.
I'll be the rock that will be strong for you.
The one that will hold on to you.
When you feel that rain falling down.
When there's nobody else around.
I'll be.
I'll be.~
I love you so much, little Bug. 

XOXOXO,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)