“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”
~A.A. Milne, from "Winnie the Pooh"

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The End of The Road (And New Beginnings)

Dear Friends,
We leave our house tomorrow morning at 9 am to head to Indianapolis for all of Lydia's pre-op testing. We will find out in the afternoon a time for her surgery the next morning. I'm in the midst of a cleaning, packing and last minute errand running frenzy. Or I should be. Ha! 
I just wanted to take a quick minute to say thank you...for reading these posts, for your continued prayer and support, and for caring about us. Your words of encouragement and love never fall on deaf ears (or eyes!) and I am immensely thankful for every single one. 
Please continue to pray for us. This is hard. But then some of you know just exactly how hard it is. 
Lydia is my blessed miracle. She is strong. Probably stronger than I am. Between everyone's prayers and some pretty special guardian angels, I have no doubt that we'll make it through it all just fine. A little tired, weary and after many tears, I'm sure, but still ok. 
So now we are close to reaching the end of this particular road. It was long, and winding, and often full of pitfalls. It was full of a million little wonders, as well as a thousand tears. And though I'm sure I will look back on it all someday, seeing a few less tears and a lot more amazement, I'm ready to face the path that leads from here. A brand new beginning. A brand new heart. A brand new me. 

I will try to update as often as possible. If you read and are on facebook, feel free to add me there as well, since the updates will come faster there. Thanks so much for all of your prayers flooding Heaven. :) Every single one counts.


Heidi

4 comments:

  1. you know my heart and prayers are with you! Lydia is going to conquer this just as she has everything else so far! I am so excited for her to have her healthy heart and for you to breath freely! God is good all the time and he will carry you through this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! I am very thankful that I found you and Ollie when I did!!!! You two have given me hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your sweet sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my prayers. Update me as soon as possible tomorrow sis. I will be on my knees and even if I have to get up and chase down the heathens, will be in prayer all morning until I hear she has come out successfully and did wonderful. God is good all the time and He will bring you to the other side of this struggle too just as He has with every other battle. That is one strong little girl you have and I think she is so appropriately named. She is going to surprise us all. I love you. Your prayer warrior is in prayer now until this is finished and even past that. I have all my friends in prayer as well. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I read every single comment and I love them all! Please leave us one (and imagine me doing a happy dance when I see it!)